|Degree of leverage available||Total markets covered ||
| Mobile trading||
|Global clients accepted?||Apply? |
|| Finance & Sport
||Up to £200 sports bets
Why choose Spreadex?
SpreadEx offers something different to the other Financial Spread Betting providers out there – a dual Financial and Sports betting platform. This is particularly useful if you’re into both, as you have all of your money in one place, and the sports betting platform offers more than just your basic binary of fixed odds markets.
Until recently, SpreadEx also had a more relaxed automatic closure/margin call policy, which also made it an attractive prospect for some traders, happy to move into significant loss making positions without being automatically close out. Why would that ever be an attractive proposition? Because it can protect you from being closed out of positions during times of significant market volatility. In May 2012 however, SpreadEx made a change to their margin call policy, bringing it into line with the majority of other spread betting providers.
- SpreadEx is the only company to offer financial spread betting, sports spread betting and fixed odds betting all from the convenience of one account
- SpreadEx offers credit facilities – ie eligible customers do not have to make an initial deposit in order to place trades.
- High-staking clients who carry out their spread betting with Spreadex can earn flight time in one of two Cessna Citation X jets – the world’s fastest civilian aircraft – for their private charter
- SpreadEx has an iPhone trading app
- Spreadex Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Financial spread betting markets: Indices such as the FTSE 100 and Dow, global Shares, more than 50 spot and future FX pairings, ETFs, bonds, interest rates and commodities such as oil and gold
- Sport: markets on football, cricket, tennis, NFL, golf, boxing, greyhounds, ice hockey, rugby, boxing, baseball, F1 and snooker. They offer in-play betting on every Premier League match and on all other major televised sport events. SpreadEx also offer fixed odds and accumulator bets
Click here to find out more information on Spreadex and what they offer
||Up to £200 sports bets
|24 hours trading
||Finance & Sport
Note - Spreads & leverage mark based on overall market comparison
|Brent crude oil
|UK 100 shares
|UK 250 shares
Note - Spreads reflect trading hour spreads at the time of research. Spread betting company do vary their spreads significantly based on the timing of purchase, in particular for purchase outside of trading hours.
About the Company
Spreadex is a British-based company providing sports and financial spread bets, sports fixed odds bets and casino bets all from the convenience of one account.
- 1999 – Jonathan Hufford, a former dealer in London, sets up SpreadEx, in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, with the objective to provide a user-friendly spreads betting service
- May 2006 – SpreadEx launches online sports betting facility
- May 2007 – SpreadEx launches online financial spread betting facility, enabling the placement of bets, and also stops, limits, and orders to open.
- Feb 2008 – Spreadex relocates to new £1.2m offices in St Albans, Hertfordshire to accommodate growth in business.
- Nov 2008 - Spreadex launches a new financial spread betting website www.shortsandlongs.com
- Oct 2009 - Spreadex re-launches website alongside celebrating 10 years in business
- May 2010 - Spreadex launches full fixed odds sports betting service allowing: fractional and decimal format odds, accumulators, and multiple bet options.
- Dec 2010 - Spreadex launches Mobile Sports Betting Platform allowing users to place sports fixed odds and spread bets via smartphone, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Jun 2011 - Spreadex acquires IG Index's sports betting arm Extrabet customer base.
- Aug 2011 - Spreadex releases Financial Spread betting trading app for the iPhone.
- Oct 2011, Spreadex launches Casino platform offering selection of Card Games, Table Games, Slots, Video Poker, Scratch Cards and Live Dealers.